Secret Shopper Assignment

      I was impressed by the reader's advisory conversation that I had. When I went in, I had decided to ask for a fantasy novel but did not have anything else in mind! The librarian skillfully led me through a conversation that was focused on my likes and encouraged talking about what I liked (Spratford, 2016). She also was genuinely interested and enthusiastic about the process. She listened to my answers and asked follow up questions to narrow down the options (Saricks, 2015). The fantasy genre is one of her favorites, so she only used the library's card catalog as a tool. However, she said that genres that she was less familiar with required the use of Goodreads or Novelist Plus. In the end, she recommended a book series that I knew I would love (I read the first one a long time ago and always meant to read more!). I was happy with the results and would definitely go back to her again if I needed another suggestion!

The results: A fantasy novel that included mystery, humor, and magic.


References

Saricks, J. (2015). At leisure with joyce saricks. Booklist, 112(7), 25.

Spratford, B. (2016). Talk among yourselves: jump-starting your readers' advisory. ILA Reporter, 34(2), 8-10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young Adult Book Annotation

Prompt 10: Books From the Past to the Future

Prompt 9: Marketing